A 404 error is called a client error. Often we see this when that content itself has been deleted or its URL has been changed. Sometimes 404 not found can be seen even while using the Internet. If this happens to you too, then let us tell you that this is a fixable error, which can also be fixed.
If you also want to know about 404 Error Means, then for this you have to read our post from beginning to end, after which you will get all the information related to it like Error 404 Meaning, What is 404 Not Found, and How to fix this issue.
Read Specific Paragraph
What Is 404 Error?
A 404 error is a common website error message that means the URL link you are trying to open (Page Not Found) has either been changed or the link you typed is incorrect. 404 Not Found message is mostly seen in all search engines such as Google, Yahoo, and Bing.
For example, if you search “Oziforu.Com” then our website will open in front of you, but if you search “Oziforu.Com/bbb” then Error 404 will show on your screen. That is, this error is mostly seen due to the wrong typed URL by us.
Why Does Error 404 Appear?
We see 404 Error due to many reasons, which are as follows-
- The first and main reason can be that that content or URL has been deleted.
- The second reason is that the URL is being typed incorrectly by the users.
- Even if the server of the website is down, you may still get a 404 error.
- The fourth reason may be that the domain name or page you are doing does not actually exist.
How To Fix 404 Error?
Websites are created due to many reasons, some people create them for the purpose of earning money, while some people make their information to reach people or to promote their product. When a website gets a lot of time while providing its service, most of the websites have to face problems like Http Error 404, mainly due to increased load on the server, hacking attacks, etc. This affects the ranking of that website. Below we have given you all the information on how to fix it.
- Reload Page
If you are also seeing a 404 error, then for this you have to first reload your page. If you are a mobile user, then Refresh to reload the page and if you are a desktop user then you can easily reload the page by clicking (Ctrl + R).
- Check URL
Many times it happens that users type the wrong URL, after which they see this error. For this, you have to first check your URL whether you have entered the correct URL or not. If you have opened that website from the Direct URL link and even after that you are seeing this error, then it may be because that website or page does not exist.
- Delete Catches and Cookies in Your Browser
Many times it happens that when we open the URL link on our device, it shows a 404 error, but if we open it on any other device then it opens on that web page. If this happens to you too, then for this you have to first delete the Catches and Cookies from your device, after which this error will disappear by itself.
- Contact Website Owner
If even after doing all this, the 404 error is not removed, then you have to contact the owner of the website whose website or page you want to access. To contact, you have to go to the homepage of that website, there you will definitely get the Contact or EMail-ID of the owner of that website, with the help of which you can contact them.
- Redirect page
If you are a website owner and you are also facing this error then redirect your page. You can take the help of 301 Permanent to redirect the page. If your website is on WordPress then you can also use Redirection Plugin after which you will not see 404 errors.
Also Read: How To Lock Folder In Computer
How To Fix Error 404 On WordPress?
404 Error Error is such an error that we mostly get to see on many websites such as WordPress, Wix, or any other website. Below I have given you step-by-step information on how to fix 404 errors on WordPress.
- First of all, ‘Login’ your WordPress ID, after which the Dashboard will open in front of you.
- Now on the Dashboard, you will see the option of ‘Plugins’ on the left side, click on it.
- Now 3 options will appear in front of you, out of that click on ‘Add New’.
- Now you have to download a plugin, for this search ‘All 404 Pages Redirect’ in the search box.
- Now after downloading and installing this plugin, ‘Activate’.
- After this scroll down a bit towards the bottom, there you will see ‘Settings’ of All 404 Pages Redirect to Homepage, click on it.
- After this, a new page will open in front of you, enable the option of ‘404 Redirection Status’ and enter the link of ‘Homepage’ of your website in the box below.
- Now below you will see the option of ‘Update’, update by clicking on it. In this way, you can remove 404 errors from your WordPress.
How To Find Out If There Is Http Error 404 On The Website?
404 error is such an error that not only a blogger but also Google has to face, so it is important to know how do we know whether our website has HTTP 404 or not. There are many types of Paid and Free Tools available to find out. Below I have given you complete information about it step-by-step.
- First of all, go to Google and search by typing ‘404 Error Checker’ in the search box.
- Now the link to the Top 10 Websites will come in front of you. After this, you have to open it by “clicking” on the given link first.
- Now you will see the option of ‘Enter your URL below’, enter the domain URL of your website in the box below.
- After entering the domain URL, you will see the option of “Find Broken Links”, click on it.
- Now you will be asked to solve ‘Captcha’, after solving it click on ‘Find Broken Links now’.
- Now ‘Status Completed’ will be written on your screen and you will get to know how many 404 errors are on your website.
Also Read: Phone Heating Problem
If You Like The Information Please Do Share.