Star Health & Allied Insurance Company Limited provides quality-driven insurance products related to health, personal accident, and travel. It has a wide range of comprehensive insurance plans for individuals, families, senior citizens, and corporations. Amidst the pandemic situation, Star Health has started a special program “Star Special Care Insurance Policy“. The program allows clients to interact with a panel of experts and get factual information related to COVID-19.
Star Special Care Insurance Policy | Star Health & Allied Company.
Star Health Insurance is India’s first standalone insurance company. The insurer has more than 11000+ network hospitals where the insured members can avail themselves of cashless treatment. In addition, the insurer has a worldwide presence with an extensive network of over 340 branches. Star Health Insurance Claim Settlement Ratio 90% (F.Y. 2018-19) also supports its positive customer experience. One of the major benefits is that no co-payment is required for individuals below 60 years of age. Consistently ranked with some of the top health insurance companies in India, Star Health & Allied Insurance Company Limited has been bestowed with numerous awards and accolades.
Star Special Care Insurance Policy | Eligibility
- Entry Age: Any child suffering from Autism Spectrum Disorder within the age group of 3 years and 25 years can get medical insurance covered under this scheme.
- Coverage Type: Personal.
- Sum Assured: Rs 3 lakh.
- Co-payment: 20% co-payment is applicable on all claims.
Some of the most important:
- The hottest new product of the year, 2020
- Best BFSI Brands 2019
- Best Health Insurance Provider of the Year 2018-19
Star Health Insurance policy covers hospitalization expenses, critical illness add-ons, medical check-up cost, ambulance charges, maternity expenses, second medical opinion, organ donor cover, AYUSH treatment, etc. One of the major benefits is that no co-payment is required for individuals below 60 years of age.
Process To File A Claim With Star Health Insurance.
Here is the claim process for Star Health Insurance:-
Cashless Claim Process: If you want to avail of Cashless Claim in Star Medical Insurance Plan, then follow the steps given below.
- Step 1:- Visit the insurance desk at the reception of the network-listed hospital where you are being treated.
- Step 2:- Display the Policy ID for identification purposes.
- Step 3:- A doctor from his team will evaluate the documents. After verification, he will process the claim as per the terms and conditions of the chosen scheme.
- Step 4:- Star Health Network Hospital will cross-check your identity and submit the pre-authorization Star Health Insurance claim form.
- Step 5:- A designated field doctor will ease the process of hospitalization for you.
- Step 6:- After completing the necessary formalities, the claim will be settled as per the terms and conditions.
Apply For Star Health Insurance:- Click Here
Star Health Cashless Claim | Documents Required
- Star health card
- Duly filled and signed claim form
- In case of accidental hospitalization, submission of police FIR report or medico-legal certificate is required, investigation reports such as blood report, X-ray, or any scan report
- Doctor’s consultation letter
- Chemist’s Challan (in original)
- Hospital discharge summary
- Other Documents (as per the case)
Reimbursement Claim Process:
If you want to get a reimbursement claim for Star Health medical, follow the steps given below:
- Step 1:- A doctor on-field will make it easier for you to get admitted to the hospital
- Step2:- After discharge, you have to pay the hospital bills. Make sure you collect all original documentation of the treatment(s) and receipts of expenses incurred
- Step 3:- Fill the Star Health claim form, attach all the required original documents and receipts, and submit it to the nearest branch office of Star Health.
- Step 4:- As per the terms and conditions of your policy, your claim will be settled.
Star Health Reimbursement Claim | Documents Required
- Original chemist bill with prescription
- STAR medical insurance claim form duly filled and signed
- Medical bills, discharge certificates, and receipts
- Medical test report and test report
- Surgeon’s bills and receipts
- Nature of Surgery/Operation
- Hospital registration certificate (if less than 15 beds)
- FIR/Self-declaration/Medico-legal certificate in case of accidental hospitalization
Star Health Insurance | Benefits
Below are some additional benefits of Star Health Allied Insurance:-
- Co-payment:- You do not have to make any co-payment; However, 20 percent of the Star Health Insurance claim is to be settled by you, if you have attained the age of 61 to 65 years, unless otherwise specified.
- Lifetime Renewability:- Star health insurance plans come with Lifetime Renewability and offer cover for the entire lifetime.
- Pre-existing diseases:- Any pre-existing diseases are covered after a waiting period of 4 years.
- Room Rent:- 2 percent of the Sum Assured along with room rent expenses in Star Health Insurance plan subject to a maximum of Rs. 4000 every day.
- No Third Party Administrator:- There is no Third Party Administrator in Star Health Insurance Company. It practices direct domestic claim settlement.
READ MORE: Star Family Health Optima Insurance Plan
If You Like The Information Please Do Share.